Friday, January 20, 2006

American Idol – Week One

For those of you who don’t know, I quite enjoy watching American Idol. Only this season, I don’t have to watch every painful second of it. With our DVR we simply record the program then scan through it at the next available opportunity.

I’ve now watched week one of Fox’s season five, which, by the way, was reported today as being shortest window ever before a first-run network TV hit goes into syndication. Read about it at MediaDailyNews.

So, here are a few of my thoughts after watching most of week one...

Denver’s Female Male

Boy, I’ll tell you what … watching that guy/girl from Denver was just plain painful for us men-folk. Did you notice there were no men in his life, or at least at the audition with him? Poor guy is all confused. I’m sure his mother enjoys playing dress-up with him.

They’re almost as bad as the daughter/mother duo from the Chicago auditions.

Wonder why people think you’re a girl, dude? Maybe it’s the girl’s clothing, or the waxed eyebrows or the long hair. Think about it.

It’s amazing just how messed up some people are.

I’m a Wyoming Cowboy

I must say it was endearing to me that the judges were genuinely intrigued by the young Wyoming cowboy. Of course their decision to pass him on to Hollywood was purely for entertainment purposes and not for outstanding vocal quality. But how cool is it that we’ll get to see this country boy in the big city? I guarantee it’ll be interesting.

And no disrespect to my cousins and their families who are Wyoming cowboys/cowgirls.

My favorite line: “Go in therr and git ‘errr done!”

Cowboy up!

No comments: