Saturday, June 03, 2006

Don’t feed the dog

Dominic and Tank have an unwritten, unspoken but often utilized agreement. Whenever possible, whether he likes the food or not, Dominic feeds Tank food from the table.

It really doesn’t matter how many times we tell him not to feed the dog, or how many times we tell the dog to lie down and not beg from the table. I think it’s just a baby/dog thing. Eliana used to do it as well.



Dominic sure gets a mischievous smile when he’s warned not to feed the dog. I think he enjoys stirring the pot. He certainly enjoys exploring and finding out how things work and teasing his sister. Even with four years between them I sometimes think he knows just which buttons to push. Can you imagine the fun and games in another 10-15 years?



Eliana, Dominic and I spent a fun night together while Vickey did a Pampered Chef show. We had dinner at home, returned some things at Sam’s Club then spent more than we received from the return (doesn’t it always happen that way), then came home to watch Nanny McPhee. I think that’s Eliana’s new favorite movie, or new brand favorite movie as she’d say (instead of brand new).

I just tidied up the house, cleaned the floors and have a few loads of laundry to fold. I also have a priesthood lesson to prepare for tomorrow, but that’s pretty much done with the exception of a few visual aids I plan to organize.

Ellie and I took an hour out of our afternoon to go swimming at the Coglianese pool. It was sure a hot one today. And this morning was the elders quorum family breakfast in the park, followed by a move for one of the neighbors. While I helped move Vickey took the kiddies to Eliana’s dance rehearsal for the big recital on Thursday.

Vickey and I were talking about a few things we wanted to accomplish around the house and were saddened by the lack of Saturday’s available to do what we’d like. We just go from a handful of activities each day to the same thing the next.

Oh, and I managed to switch out 3 bad under-the-cabinet light fixtures so now all the kitchen cabinet lighting is working again. Another fine job by PJC2.

At any rate, it was a good Saturday. Lots to do and a good sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

No comments: