Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A visit to Red Rock Canyon

The kids and I accompanied our family friends, the Seeley’s, and Mark and his kids to Red Rock Canyon this past weekend.


We picnicked and went on a hike. It was fun and thanks to the borrowed hiking backpack from Mark, not even too awkward getting Dominic up and down the trail (except for when I had to duck so the tree branches didn’t scratch Dominic’s face).

We even saw some of the wild burros as we left the park.


The Seeley’s came to visit this past weekend. They’re from South Jordan, Utah and wanted to have a break from the daily routine, as well as visit Steve’s brother who lives in Las Vegas. Vickey worked with Cyndy at the Granite School District Mill Hollow summer camp for many years. They’re good friends and good people.

We’re all sickies. Dominic and Vickey have thrown up and Eliana and I have a head cold (most likely a sinus infection in my case). We hear that a bug is going around…probably got it from church.

Here’s a cute photo of Eliana and Dominic waiting for me to get home last night (we had to transfer the car seats because Vickey was headed to a Pampered Chef show). Dominic loves the cleaning tools, the vacuum and duster in particular. He loves to go around the house pretending to vacuum and dust.


I don’t really have anything else to report. Although I do have a few political thoughts since yesterday was election day.

Most of the candidates I voted for here in Nevada were elected, some by very narrow margins. I won’t loose one bit of sleep over votes cast in vain.

I look forward to the day when I meet and come to know an elected U.S. official who is trustworthy.

My take on the “shift of power” newsbytes…it’ll be business as usual. The politicians will continue to do their jobs. Republicans, democrats, independents…it doesn’t matter. We may see a shift in party control next year, and in another six to eight years it’ll shift again.

I think I’ll coin a new term and go on record (at least today) as a 'political non-activist.'

Having said that, I do want to make it clear that I believe each citizen has a right and responsibility to make his or her voice heard. I also think our nation is deeply divided over many issues and soon the majority will call evil good and good evil.

Now I could wax on about religion, but I’ll spare you the dialog. Read Isaiah.

God bless America!

No comments: