Friday, April 14, 2006

Sfogliatelle: a family favorite

For those of you who have celebrated holidays and special occasions with the Codella extended family, you probably know of our affinity for Italian baked goods.

My brother has tried, unsuccessfully, to re-create Sfogliatelle.

Our favorite is from an Italian bakery in upstate New York (I can’t remember the name, maybe my parents can enlighten us).

At any rate, my uncle found this recipe and my aunt just forwarded it to me. It’s from the Food Network. The pastry isn’t the same, but I’ll bet the filling is.

But it’s the thin, crispy pastry that I really love. Maybe someday I’ll discover the secret. Until then, this may be a good homemade substitute.

Check out the Food Network recipe for Traditional Neapolitan Pastry Horn: Sfogliatelle.

No comments: