Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Italian pastry mystery solved … kind of

Okay, so my mom emails (she’s a blog comment posting virgin) to say that Cappiello Dairy is the source for the much anticipated sfogliatelle. She usually makes a stop there before catching the Southwest non-stop flight from Albany to Las Vegas (yeah! Southwest). Believe it or not, frozen pastries wrapped in newspaper survive the 5 and-a-half hour plane ride quite well.

At any rate, I was excited to find Cappiello’s online only to discover that their online store really only sells mozzarella cheese at this juncture. Ugh!

I’m going to have to contact them to ask that they update their website. Maybe when I call they’ll kindly offer to ship my favorite pastry even though I can’t conveniently order it online.

Then again, if I searched, there are enough New Yorkers in Vegas that I’m sure I can find a pretty good local alternative.

No comments: