Saturday, February 03, 2007

A sunny day in Vegas

This morning I took Tank to get his rabies shot. Those of you who’ve seen him lately have commented that he has gained some weight. It’s true, since he was neutered he has managed to pack on a few pounds. We figured he had gained about 10 pounds. Wrong. He has actually gained 20 pounds, weighing in at a hefty 90 pounds.

I guess that explains why the few times I’ve taken him running lately he’s good for about the first 5 or 10 minutes, then I have to basically drag him the rest of the way.

I’ll have to plan more time to exercise Tank these next few months. At least it’s getting warmer. And I can always use the exercise myself.

Once I got back from the vet, Vickey went to the stake center to contribute to a quilt tying project for homeless children. While she was there I got the kids and myself ready for an outing, the 35th birthday party for CCSN (Community College of Southern Nevada; one of my clients). Desert Toyota Scion donated a Scion to be given away in a drawing this afternoon.

This photo was taken in the back of the truck as we waited for Vickey to return from her volunteer work.

We enjoyed lunch, catered by Claim Jumper, and some of the festivities. Here are the two kiddies at the dealership parking lot. You can see Dominic wasn’t interested in posing for the photo.

And here’s a photo of one of the Scion models they were giving away—the winner got to choose between three models.

After lunch at the CCSN birthday party we made a quick stop (if there’s such a thing on a Saturday) at Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart.

This afternoon I pruned some of the plants while the kids played on the swing set and trampoline and Tank dug up rocks with which to play fetch. It was a warm, sunny afternoon in Vegas.

Vickey and I are in the middle of a reorganization project for her Pampered Chef office supplies. Everything’s going in the downstairs bedroom which has now been claimed by the scrapbooking queen and will serve to house her Pampered Chef paraphernalia.

Someday we’ll have the bed in that room put into one of those wall units so it can be folded up and out of the way when it’s not in use. But don’t worry, we have no plans to get rid of that bed like we did our other queen bed. We’ll keep it around for the grandparents and other visitors.

It’s hard to believe we’re already into February. Vickey has three to four Pampered Chef shows lined up each week this month. It’s going to be a busy one.

We’re looking forward to hanging out with the Coglianeses for the Super Bowl tomorrow.

One last parting thought: guys, be thankful for testosterone. It just may be nature’s way of keeping you active and 20 pounds lighter than you could be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testosterone & Testicles:
Nature's way of keeping you thin and active.
Catchy! I think you could use that as an ad campaign. Of course, I don't know too many guys that are waiting in line to be "fixed", so I guess the campaign would fall on deaf ears.