Saturday, October 07, 2006

Play set: complete

Today was a momentous day. The kids were good and the weather was outstanding.

Vickey was at a Pampered Chef training meeting all morning till
2 p.m., then she left for a Pampered Chef show at 6 p.m.

So, as I entertained the chitlins, I worked in the yard and was able to complete the installation of the play set. I had to dig a 26” hole for the metal pole in the center of the circular slide, then attach the slide in segments. With a little help from Eliana I managed to get it done. I couldn’t have done it without the six foot pick tool (a solid metal rod with a point on the end) Gordon and Charley had me purchase at Lowe’s when they were down last month.

Here’s Ellie and Dominic enjoying their play time.


I also got a few more yard projects complete and it looks like we’ve finally decided on the colors for the outside of the house. So, if all goes according to plan (and I’m pretty certain it won’t), we’ll have a newly painted home and new gate to the back yard on Wednesday, and rubber chips covering the ground around the play set on Thursday (they've been on back order). Even if it’s all in place by next weekend, that would be just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks good. Betty