Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina’s Punch

Is anyone else amazed by the amount of devastation caused by hurricane Katrina? How is it, with all our technological advances, communication issues seem to be a the heart of the problems in the Gulf Coast area?

Having lived through hurricanes and tornados as a child, I remember being without power for days and living off of a very different diet. My heart goes out to all those effected by Katrina. I get chocked up watching the stories on the news.

First I’m grateful my immediate and extended family members are all safe.

Second, I want to help. Our family has made a donation to our church’s humanitarian fund and we know our small offering will be put to good use. Can you imagine the billions of dollars of damage caused by one storm?

We’re certainly living in the last days. There are signs all around. Does this sound familiar? “And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences…” It’s from the New Testament, in Luke 21:11.

Again, it’s just so amazing to see the destruction and ‘refugees’ on American soil. It’s almost surreal to me.

At any rate, things at the Codella household are moving right along. Vickey’s getting back in the swing of Pampered Chef things, my work is keeping me very busy, sometimes too busy, Eliana’s preparing for her first day at preschool next week, and Dominic seems to grow an inch or so every few weeks. He’s a tall baby. But I guess that’s no surprise when you consider the good genes he has.

No comments: