Monday, May 07, 2007

San Francisco postscript

I meant to relate this story from our family vacation to San Francisco.

While we were driving on Saturday or Sunday (I can’t remember which day now), Eliana was entertaining herself by singing.

As part of her dialogue, she continued, “And now for our next selection: I don’t want to be part of this family any more.” Then she started singing the lyrics, “I don’t want to be part of this family any more…”

I had to interrupt her at that point to ask if I heard her correctly. I just started laughing. Then we had a little discussion about why she was singing that song. She couldn’t really justify it. No doubt she was annoyed by something. She’s kind of particular, that one. I think she got that from one of her parents, but I won’t say which one.

No comments: