Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

We made a visit to the cemetery this morning, Bunkers Eden Vale Memorial Park in the northern part of Las Vegas, to pay our respects to my grandparents, Angelo and Elenora. Vickey and I commented that the facilities look better now than they did the last time we visited.


We removed the old, weathered flowers that were there and left some new silk roses. We had some flowers for grandpa too, but there was no vase to hold them.


Last week when my dad was here I learned a new favorite expression often used by my grandpa to my dad: “Anyone can party all night in Las Vegas, but only a real man gets up in the morning and goes to work.” I guess my grandpa used to say that to convince my dad that sleeping the day away wasn’t the manly thing to do.

We took a couple minutes of video at the cemetery before the camera tape ran out. I’ll post that sometime this week.

No comments: