Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Melting with the Snows


We just broke a record for consecutive days above 110 degrees. It’s been downright hot here. At least Dominic came at the beginning of the hot spell.

Since the Snows left on Sunday morning I’ve meant to upload this photo and say how much fun we all had together…I’ve just been busy working. And that’s a good thing.

We were so blessed to have willing, helping hands the week after Dominic was born. Vickey’s parents were terrific, supportive and fell in love with our new little guy.

Eliana tried out her attention-getting tricks, with relative success, and we were just too tired to be disciplinarians. Now that the company’s gone Eliana’s relearning what behavior her parent’s won’t accept. I guess that’s the beauty of being a grandparent, uncle or aunt - you can be a pleaser without having to worry about any long-term consequences.

It’s good we all have people who love us in our lives. We’re very blessed with a terrific extended family.

As for Dominic, he’s a power-peeer. There just isn’t a diaper, onesie/PJ and blanket combination he can’t pee through. I’m afraid to see our water bill next month after running the washing machine every day now, multiple times a day, for a couple of weeks.

The good news is everyone’s happy and healthy. Just don’t ask me if I’m happy at 2 a.m. when I get to wake-up and help Vickey take care of Dominic. We made it through Eliana, so I’m sure we’ll survive this stage with Dominic. I’m just lucky Vickey’s such a good mother.

PS—check out the new photos starting on page 2 of our online photos.

No comments: